As part of addressing this need, NZAFF are calling for initial expressions of interest in the role of Coach Development Officer to help development and lead a long-term coach development program in New Zealand.
The role is part time and does not necessarily require the person delivering the program to deliver all, or any, of the aspects of the program. It is more focused on a “coach the coaches” role to assist engaging current and aspiring Coaches around New Zealand to be part of an ongoing Development program.
There will be funding available to support this program, some of which may be available to compensate the Coach Development Officer if deemed appropriate.
The final form and scope for the Coaches Development Program will be agreed in consultation with the successful candidate. As an indication NZAFF sees that the scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- Both Contact and Flag Football
- May be dovetailed into an existing International Coach Accreditation program if deemed appropriate e.g. Australia, US etc
- Addresses the different age groups from <10 to Senior Men’s and Woman’s
- Addresses a phased approach to the different coaching aspects (Offense, Defense etc) and player positional requirements
- Adherence to LTAD principles (link for more information here).
NZAFF are asking for people that are interested to register their interest and provide a resume of relevant experience, a brief explanation of why they think that they are best suited to the role and their vision for coaching development in New Zealand (no more than two pages). The process is:
- Advertise Expression of interest.
- Cut off for responses Friday March 2nd 2018. Individuals who are interested in the roles should register their interest and submit a resume to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the cut-off date.
- Responses will then be considered by NZAFF and selected respondents will then be invited to submit a more detailed and formal proposal after having received further information.
We hope to finalise the process with an appointment in April to allow the program to commence in advance of the 2018/19 season. If you have any questions please contact Russell McConnochie (email@example.com) or +64 9 973 4058