While we appreciate that our event may fall under the guidelines for not holding events in regard to attending numbers, we are still asking members to be in close proximity during travel and if they are sharing accommodation.
In addition, the impact if something was to happen would be damaging to the sport and for individuals that might have to self isolate without support from their employers. And given the actions of most other Sports in New Zealand around Covid-19 we feel NZAFF should also act cautiously given the seriousness of this matter.
We acknowledge that this has been on the minds of the participants as this situation has evolved, and feedback from the teams planning to attend was also taken into consideration when making this decision.
The Board also understands that funds have spent on arrangements for travel and accommodation. We urge members who were to participate to pursue refunds or credits from your providers against future travel to the event when it is rescheduled.
NZAFF will look to support Teams to the rescheduled event so that any financial losses are minimized. Please keep in close contact in regard to this matter.
The Board has not taken this step lightly but believes it is in the best interests of our players, our community and the wider NZ community.
An announcement regarding the reschedule date will be made as soon as we possibly can but is dependent on the current COVID-19 situation clarifying.
We hope you will understand and support this decision.
If you have any questions please contact Russell McConnochie, firstname.lastname@example.org