Date: Saturday, 29th September, 2018
Venue: To be confirmed (Will be held at a venue near the Auckland Airport with parking available)
Time: 4.00 pm
The AGM will be followed by a meeting for all those interested discussing opportunities for National Teams. This meeting will start at approximately 5:00pm.
Both meetings are open to NZAFF Members.
Only Delegates representing fully affiliated clubs and who are Members registered with NZAFF may speak or vote at the AGM.
In accordance with the New Zealand American Football Federation Constitution we are calling for Nominations and submissions for:
1. Board Members
Applications are invited for the two positions available. One for an elected position and one for an appointed position.
- Elected Position – Adam Felix is retiring by rotation.
- Appointed Position – The position is vacant subsequent to Patsy Whaanga resigning. This position is being advertised on the Sport NZ web site and on the Appoint web site.
The Board Selection Panel’s will review the applications for the appointed position available on the Board (timetable below).
The applications for elected members will be forwarded to the eligible Associations for their consideration prior to the AGM (timetable below).
The two incumbent Board Members have one more year in their term and can stand for re-election or re-appointment as applicable.
Applications for Positions
Applications for positions should include:
- Which positions they are applying for – elected or appointed.
- Name and any other details that the applicant feels are relevant.
- Experience in Governance
- Any relevant experience including management or other senior positions.
Please note the Federation is not providing a form for applications.
This position is not required by the Constitution.
The Constitution states that the Federation “may” appoint a Patron. A patron is a person that the Sport gains a benefit (higher profile in the community or advice from time to time) from the association.
If there is a person that an Association feels would provide such a benefit then the process of appointment is through an election at the AGM and then an invitation to hold office. The person should have agreed to the nomination prior to the AGM.
3. Other items
At this time, the following items are also called for:
- Any notices of motion re Constitutional amendments,
- Any other business for consideration at the AGM.
The Members that are currently eligible to vote as at the date of this notice.
- JC Spartans
- Nelson AFC
The Timetable leading up to the AGM is:
- Received by 31 August:
- Applications for Patron, Appointed Board Members and Elected Board Members
- Proposed motions.
- Prior to 15 September:
- The AGM Agenda will be sent out.
- By 15 September:
- Decision of the Appointments Panel will be delivered to the GM.
- By the 20 September:
- The GM will notify Member Associations of the decision of the Appointments Panel.
Please note that all Nominations, Notices of Motion etc must be received by 5pm, Friday, 31 August, 2018
If you have any questions regarding the process etc please contact me.
09 973 4058