Date: Sunday, 4th October, 2020
Time: 12.00 pm
Venue: Via Zoom Video conference.
All members are invited to the AGM.
Only Delegates representing fully affiliated clubs and who are Members registered with NZAFF may speak or vote at the AGM.
In accordance with the New Zealand American Football Federation Constitution we are calling for Nominations and submissions for:
1. Board Members Applications are invited for the two positions available. One for an elected position and one for an appointed position.
- Elected Position – Brendan McGurk is retiring by rotation and will not be standing for re-election.
- Appointed Position – Andrew Fraser is retiring by rotation and is standing for re-appointment.
Both positions will be advertised.
The roles require a corporate governance focus, with responsibility for monitoring the strategic direction and management policies of the organisation while taking into account the interests of relevant stakeholders.
The Board Selection Panel will review the applications for the appointed position available on the Board (timetable below).
The applications for elected members will be forwarded to the eligible Associations for their consideration prior to the AGM (timetable below).
The Board recognizes that diversity is important and getting the right mix around the table is critical for the on-going health of NZAFF. We would like to encourage applications from women, tangata whenua, tangata pacifica, a broad range of ethnicities, individuals with a disability and the LGBTIQ community.
Applications for Positions
Applications for positions should include:
- Which positions they are applying for – elected or appointed.
- Name and any other details that the applicant feels are relevant.
- Experience in Governance
- Any relevant experience including management or other senior positions.
Please note the Federation is not providing a form for applications.
This position is not required by the Constitution.
The Constitution states that the Federation “may” appoint a Patron. A patron is a person that the Sport gains a benefit (higher profile in the community or advice from time to time) from the association.
If there is a person that an Association feels would provide such a benefit then the process of appointment is through an election at the AGM and then an invitation to hold office. The person should have agreed to the nomination prior to the AGM.
3. Seconded Board Member
The Board has agreed that it would be beneficial to have a person seconded to the Board to assist with decisions pertaining to the growth of all forms of American Football for Women.
The purpose of the role is:
- To offer different/alternative viewpoints to the Board focusing on inclusivity and effective communications & sport delivery across diverse groups.
- To offer advice on new initiatives and deliveries.
The Seconded Board Member will not be a voting member of the Board but will have full speaking rights and will be expected to attend all Board Meetings.
4. Other items
At this time, the following items are also called for:
- Any notices of motion re Constitutional amendments,
- Any other business for consideration or discussion at the AGM.
The Timetable leading up to the AGM is:
By this date, the GM must have been received:
- Applications for Patron, Appointed Board Members and Elected Board Members.
- Any proposed motions.
By this date, the AGM Agenda will be sent out.
By this date, the GM will notify Member Associations/Clubs of the decision of the Appointments Panel.
Please note that all Applications, Notices of Motion and Nominations must be received by 5pm, Friday, 4 September, 2018
If you have any questions regarding the process etc please contact me.
09 973 4058