Date: Sunday 20 October 2019
Venue: Holiday Inn, Auckland Airport
2 Ascot Rd, Mangere, Auckland
Each Club/Association that is eligible to vote must nominate a delegate to attend the AGM and vote on behalf of the Club/Association.
The names of the delegates need to be sent to the General Manager by Wednesday 16th October.
Other Members are invited to attend as observers.
We may have the CEO of Drug Free Sport NZ, Nick Patterson, attend the AGM to discuss and answer questions on the adoption of the proposed Ant Doping Clauses – point 7.ii. below. If he attends we will ask him to speak after the Roll Call and Apologies so that he can depart while we continue with the AGM.
The agenda for the AGM is as follows:
- Welcome by the Chairperson.
- Roll Call and Apologies.
- The consideration and adoption of the 2018 Annual Report. The Annual Report will be available on the NZZAFF web site by the 16th October.
- The receipt from the Board of an audited annual financial report for the preceding financial year.
- Confirmation of announcement of the Appointed Board Members.
- The confirmation of Todd Wackrow as the Elected Board Member there being no other applicants for the position.
- There are three motions for change of the NZAFF Constitution proposed by the Board, see below with links to documents explaining the reasons for the changes.
- Any items of business not listed on the agenda may be discussed, and voted on. This can only happen by unanimous agreement of the Associations which are represented by Delegates at the AGM. it would be helpful to have any items of business that members would like to have discussed, and voted on, notified in advance via email to Russell – email@example.com.
- Close of meeting.
There are no nominations for Patron or for life membership so these do not form part of the Agenda.
The three Motions for approval are:
- Motion 1 Removal of Clause 28 of the Constitution. This is no longer relevant as it refers to transition from the old Constitution to the new Constitution. Link here.
- Motion 2 Adding Anti Doping Clauses to the Constitution. Coming into line with the recommendations from Drug Free Sport NZ. Link here.
- Motion 3 Rewriting Clause 16.5 of the Constitution. Removing reference in (c ) to Board Members terms of office prior to the adoption of the new Constitution. Link here.
- Details regarding the AGM process can be found in the Constitution, Section 15, on the NZAFF web site under About Us/Federation Documents.
After the close of the meeting there will be the opportunity for discussion on the following topics:
- Any discussion points raised during or prior to the AGM that are not part of the AGM.
- The Inclusivity Policy – link here. This Policy is under consideration by the Board.
- The Child Protection Policy – link here. This has been adopted by the Board as part of the grant application for EndZone with Aktive Sport Auckland.
The clubs that are currently eligible to vote at the AGM are:
- Hamilton Hawks
- Hawkes Bay Heat
- JC Spartans
- Metro Lions
- North Harbour Pride
- Nelson AFC
- Porirua Warriors
- South Auckland Raiders
- Tamaki Lightning
- Wellington Wolves
- Wigram Spitfires
Please note that the names of the Delegates for each Club/Association eligible to vote must be received by 5pm, Wednesday 16th October.
The clubs that are currently ineligible vote at the AGM are:
- Western Wolves – de-listed from the Societies register.
- Papatoetoe Wildcats – unpaid NZAFF fees.
- Hutt Valley Spartans – yet to apply for Societies registration.
- Papakura Kings - yet to apply to NZAFF re affiliation.
- Otara Scorpions - yet to apply to NZAFF re affiliation.
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact me.
09 973 4058