The ODP program is being developed in conjunction with Miles who is the Director of Training and Accreditation for AGOA. He has been officiating since 1988 and was inducted into the AGOA Hall of Fame (2006). He has been developing and delivering training programs for American Football since about 2000 and manages the on-line systems we will be using. He is also the IFAF Oceania Regional Officiating Lead and IAFOA Director of Training.
We would like to encourage anyone who will be officiating this season to come along to the workshop so we can raise the level of officiating in the game.
The workshop is also open to Coaches so that they can make sure they are up to date with the rules.
The workshop is on the 6th & 7th October at Mountfort Park and starts at 10:00 am on Saturday.
The Sunday morning session is aimed at the experienced officials but there is a practical session being delivered at 11:00 am on Sunday that everyone will benefit from attending.
The agenda is:
Conference Outline (Auckland 2018)
Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
- Session 1. Introduction. Establish experience levels (20 minutes)
- Session 2. Duties of an Official, Ethics, Code of Conduct (30 minutes)
- Session 3. Basic Setup for Play (30 minutes)
- Session 4. Basic Mechanics – Crew of 5 (1 hour)
- Session 5. Kickoff (20 minutes)
- Session 6. Running Game (20 minutes)
- Session 7. Passing Game (20 minutes)
- Section 8. Kicking – Field Goals and Scrimmage Kicks (20 minutes)
- Session 9. Wing Officials (30 minutes)
- Session 10. Deep Officials (20 minutes)
- Sat night - Free
Not all (for experienced officials) 9 am
- Session 11. Referee and Umpire (30 minutes)
- Session 12. Game Management (30 minutes)
- Session 13. Penalty Administration (30 minutes)
- Session 14. Clock Management (20 minutes)
- Session 15. Practical Session (2 hours)
Any questions ring Russell - 09 9734058.